11.15.2009

D-Now

***Be sure to check all three posts about D-Now.  The bottom one is the best!!!***

Whew! What a weekend!

I just woke up from a 4 hour nap and still just want to crawl back into bed. SO TIRED!!!

We LOVED being a host home for D-Now...10 Junior girls camped in our living room from Friday night to Sunday morning. We had a blast with them and even Jeff admitted to having fun. Actually, I have evidence that Jeff had fun, but you'll have to wait for that. It's worth the wait though, I promise. Here's a group shot of all our girls plus the leader and me.



Q: How did Jeff handle the mess?

A: Very well, actually. The girls weren't too messy and their stuff was mostly contained to the playroom and bathroom. They mostly congregated in the kitchen during breaks and when they headed back to the living room for the next session, we'd sweep in and clean up the kitchen.

Q: How did you make it through the weekend being pregnant and all?

A: Barely. Not really. Actually, yes, barely. Jeff is the main reason. Well, Jeff and the prayers of a lot of friends. Jeff was most definitely the main man of getting the house ready for the weekend and a huge support while the girls were here. He willingly helped me prepare meals, clean up messes, and do dishes. I also planned meals that were simple and that I could do ahead of time in order to minimize the time I spent standing in the kitchen. It worked and I survived.

Q: What was it like having so many teenage girls in your house?

A: Crazy and fun. We don't want ten children though.

One more question and then I have to go pick up my kids.

Q: Will you do it again?

A: Yes, please!

Oh, and guess how we ended the weekend?!!! Our super sweet and dear friends are adopting a baby! This week! We heard from them this morning and it's almost too much to take. More about that later, but I've been bursting into spontaneous laughter and tears of sheer joy since early this morning. Seeing God's beautiful answer to the prayers we've been praying for a very long time is almost more than I can handle. Jeff's so glad he's at work so he's not having to deal with my blubbering : )

1 comment:

Keli said...

love D'Now weekend!!! daniel always has a blast, but just can't get myself to host yet ;)