Addi was sitting next to John as our small plane landed in SC. It's not a great smelling area of town, and as we taxied down the runway, everyone could smell the strong odor of sulfur. Addi's little voice was heard by everyone on the plane as she said "Shoo-ey Grandpa!" Even funnier was watching John emphatically shake his head that he didn't DO anything!
On our last day at the beach house, Addi was sitting at the table with several of the Ramages. They were talking about all the fun we'd had and Sarah (daughter, a few years younger than Jeff and me) said to Addi, "Addi, you'll have to come back to the beach again sometime." Addi replied with an exasperated shake of her head, "Sarah, it's a REALLY long trip to get here."
The kids and I were in Waco for a shower this weekend and met some family for dinner. I told Addi that we were meeting Papa for dinner and she said "I want to sit next to Papa at dinner!" I said that would be fine and that Mandy and Keegan were coming, too. Addi got so excited and said "I want to sit next to Mandy AND Keegan at dinner!" I said again that it would be fine. There were a few minutes of silence in the back seat while Addi thought about how the seating arrangements would work out and then she said, "Mom? Could we all just sit together?"
Jeff gave Addi a snack of pretzels while he unloaded the groceries from the car this afternoon. She asked for goldfish but he said we didn't have any. As he unloaded the groceries, he noticed that I had bought some goldfish. He kept them hidden from Addi since he had already given her a snack and set them on the far counter where she couldn't see them. As he made another trip to the car, he watched through the window as Addi got down to inspect the groceries on the counter. She walked all around the counter and spied the hidden goldfish. She was so excited as she ran out to tell her daddy "Dad! You're SO silly! You didn't know the goldfish were on the OTHER counter so now I can have some!"
10.13.2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Cool pic of Addison walking Colby and the dog.
WS
Wow! Smart young lady!
Post a Comment