If you know Addi, then you probably also have met "Duck," her froggy. He has been her lovey since she was tiny and she use to never be apart from him. If Addi slept, Duck slept with her. If she was in the car, Duck came along. In the church nursery, Duck helped her to stop crying. He's been her constant companion for 3 years.. Apparently, like many folks predicted, she's grown out of needing a lovey all on her own. In the last couple of months, she's chosen other "guys" (aka stuffed animals) to sleep with or bring in the car...Duck is just one of the many that are in her rotation. It's sad seeing her lovey in the stuffed animal basket with all the others but today I realize that it's time to move on...he's not special to her anymore. When I asked her who she wanted to take on the airplane to the beach, she chose a stuffed dog that her best bud, Caroline, gave her as a gift. Not Duck. It's obvious that she's growing up. I guess soon I'll sneak him away and put him somewhere safe to keep for her like my mom did with my brother Tim's special pillow and Kyle's bear. (I wasn't left out, I just didn't have a lovey.) We'll all reminisce someday...


On vacation to AZ--1 1/2 years old.

At the zoo


Sleeping at the airport...it was a late night delay. Almost 2 years old.


Christmas '07--2 1/2 years old.

She even chose a Duck birthday cake for her 2nd birthday.
5 comments:
One of those bittersweet moments in life! It reminds me of the movie Toy Story!
That first picture makes me miss babysitting Addi when she was that age. Tear.
What a sweet post, Trish! It also made me realize how much Addi's grown up!
Wow, I can't believe she hung on to it that long. We would have lost is a thousand times! Will had a "baby" for awhile that he had to ave with him at all times, but we bought a bunch of back-ups because he was always loosing them.
It was a little puzzling to me for a while when she chose another buddy over Duck, but I tried not to act surprised or let her know I noticed since it seemed so "normal" to her at the time. I think the boys hung on to their loveys until they were so dirty and tattered that they became hazardous to their health, and I had to steal them away. G-Mom
Post a Comment