10.20.2008

Our Little Weed

Jackson finally had his 18 month check-up this morning. It's been rescheduled twice so I'm glad to have it done. He got a good bill of health and his pedi was very impressed with his vocabulary. I've got to brag here. At 18 months, "they" want to see boys with a vocab of around 15 words and it's suppose to grow to 50 words by the age of 2. Jackson is probably over 100 by now and is starting to put two words together already. He says "Kiss Addi," "Phone Daddy," "Bye _________." Smart little guy like his daddy.

His measurements for this check-up are:
24 lbs, 9 oz (25th percentile)
33 1/4" tall (75th percentile--the first time one of our children has been out of the 25th percentile EVER!!!)

Percentile means that he weighs more than 25% of the boys his age and is taller than 75% of them. Addi has remained in the 25th percentile since her very first check-up and Jackson has been that way also, until now. He must have grown like a little weed these last few months to go from the 25th to the 75th percentile. We don't really care too much about the percentile numbers in regards to comparing them to other kids because that's just silly and we know they'll grow in God's time, but it's exciting to think that Jackson could be called tall now. Actually, I can't think of him as tall because most of his little buddies are super tall (think 90+ percentile) and Jackson still looks tiny when he plays with them. : ) I love my small children because they're MUCH easier to carry around that way.

I better go help Jeff outside. He's washing the boat with two very willing helpers and I hear screaming (not Jeff). Happy Monday to all!

1 comment:

Brian and Becca said...

Wow! What a smart little weed!...and adorable too!