10.19.2008

Curly Hair

Well, the curls held...unfortunately. Jeff described it well when he said, "Huh. She reminds me of you when you had all those perms in your hair." My parents felt the need to give my hair more "body" and "shape" so they sentenced me to undue torture and kept horrible perms in my hair until I was old enough to fight them off. It was terrible. Terrible. I still shudder when I think of it.

When I took the curlers out and saw the awfulness that was happening, I just figured I'd braid her hair and it would be fine. But NO, Addi would have none of that. She didn't want me to put a clip in it or anything because it would mess up her pretty curls. Her words, believe me. Check out this mess...

I secretly wet it when she wasn't paying attention and tried to tame it down. It helped only a little. This pic is from after church and look how frizzy it still is. Can you believe I took her to church like that? SHE thought she looked adorable so she matched her perceived looks with a feisty attitude and had a great time surprising everyone with her curly hair at church.

3 comments:

Emily and Kolby said...

you got just a TASTE of what it was like for my mom when i was addi's age... that was the daily reality of my natural hair! seriously, that was identical to what mine looked like, just a little darker blonde. what a mess!

Papa Walt said...

Wow, it tamed down very nicely for church. I am glad she likes it and felt good about herself.

Dad

Jennings said...

Addi, Mr and Mrs. Jennings both liked your hair... you did look beautiful!!!