11.10.2008

Crazy Story

CALLING ALL PICTURES!!!!!!!
**I don't have ANY pics of the wedding weekend...please send me pictures of Friday and Saturday so I can get them posted. Obviously, I've got to have pics of the kiddos from Saturday night, but send others as well. Thanks in advance...**


I'll post about the wedding when I have pictures to go along with it. Just know that it was beautiful and fun and that the kids were PRECIOUS walking down the aisle. You can all imagine the cuteness but you won't believe it until you see the pictures. Seriously, SO cute!

I do have one good story to share about the weekend that is not wedding-related. Jeff and I have been training for the White Rock---he's running the full marathon and I'm doing a relay with a couple of girl friends. My portion 11.2 miles. Since we were in Dallas for the weekend, we thought it would be awesome to go run around the lake just to check it out. I was due for an 8-mile long run and Jeff had to run 18 miles. We parked and ran 4 miles out from our car, then turned around and ran the four miles back to the car to finish up my run. I was going to refill Jeff's belt (he wears a fuel belt with water bottles on it) so he could stay hydrated for the rest of his run (10 more miles).  After he came and picked up his belt, ipod, and the Camry key, he took off around the lake again to complete his run.  I headed back to the hotel in my mom's car.  I got a call about 2 hours later from a strange cell phone number and just ignored it because my phone battery was low and I needed to be able to communicate with my family (we were meeting for lunch). They kept calling over and over and over though so I decided to see who it was. It was Jeff so I knew something was wrong since he wasn't back to the car where his own cell phone was and it was past time. He didn't give me time to imagine the possibilities before he told me that he had lost the Camry key somewhere along the trail. He said he'd been looking for it but that it wasn't to be found so someone would have to come pick him up from the lake. Then my phone died. Then I started thinking about the consequences of the lost key. Then I imagined the worst.  Then I had a mental breakdown. Here's the problem:

1. To replace the key costs over $300. We're working super hard right now to get debt free (Dave Ramsey, baby!) and thinking about spending that much money on a key instead of paying down the Camry made me sick.

2. Our car seats were locked in the Camry. We had to have the car seats to transport kids to the wedding that night.

3. If someone found the key, it would be soooo easy to steal our car that we've been working so hard to pay off.

I did calm down quickly enough. I mean, having the car stolen would be worse-case scenario and that wouldn't be the end of the world. Annoying, yes. Terrible, not really. Wonderful Leslie (Sister-in-law, Tim's wife) picked Jeff up from the lake and as she got there, HE FOUND THE KEY!!! It was on a hill that he had already checked 3 times and as he walked to her car, he spotted it. Woo-hoo!  He called me from his own cell phone to clue me in to the good news.  What a relief!  It made for an eventful day and a good story. 

Hopefully the story is good enough to tide you all over until I get pics of wedding...

2 comments:

The Jesters said...

The wedding weekend was so much fun! I love spending time with you guys and the rest of the Webb clan. I just sent some photos, but the e-mail is 6M so it might take a little while. My flash wasn't strong enough to get photos during the ceremony, but I got some during the reception.

The Jesters said...

P.S. So glad that Jeff found the key! I probably would've freaked out, too, but God is good!