I woke up at 8:00 this morning. Usually if I open my eyes and see 8:00, my gut would clinch and I'd jump up to see what was wrong with Jackson or just what Addi had been getting into. Our mornings typically start at 7:00 around here, 8:00 means somethings wrong. Not today though. Today I just sighed and enjoyed the morning. We've been childless since Monday afternoon, thanks to grandparents, and it has been an absolute joy.
Jeff and I celebrated our 5th anniversary on Monday evening by eating a quick and quiet dinner, then heading over to The Main Event. Have you ever heard of that place? It's a huge facility with pool tables, bowling lanes, laser tag, video games, etc. It's got it all. Mondays are "Monday Night Madness" where you pay a reduced price for a wrist band and have access to everything in the building except food AND they give each person a $10 game card. I beat Jeff at 2 out of 3 games of pool before we headed over for a little laser tag. We were on the same team in there and our team whipped the other team real good. Then we bowled two games and I beat Jeff soundly both times--I actually bowled a 94 once. I know that's not so impressive, but for me to get anywhere near 100 is shocking. We gave our wrists a good rest while Jeff beat me at a game of air hockey and I ran my prize points up on ski ball. Remember that game? It's where you "bowl" the little white balls up into cups with different point values. I always did love that game. We tried our hands at several other fun games, including a snowboarding game and a firefighter game where we had to put out fires--I'm not good at either snowboarding or firefighting. That's why I leave those things to Jeff. I whipped, and I do mean whipped, Jeff at that basketball game where the goal moves. Who knew I could hit those shots--watch out WNBA! Jeff didn't like all that losing and demanded a rematch in bowling. We should have headed home instead of playing those last two games because again, I came out ahead. Now, I'm not one to brag but I did beat Jeff every time we bowled, the majority of the pool games, in ALL the basketball games, AND on the all important ski ball game. It was the winningest night I've ever known. We had a BLAST and stayed out after midnight---gasp!
Tuesday I woke up at 8:00 and cooked Jeff a big breakfast, then we promptly took a nap and slept until 11:00. Haven't done that in pretty much forever. We spent the day working on our budget, cleaning house, mowing, cooking for my Bible Study (we're doing Kelly Minter's No Other Gods--facilitated online by Beth Moore--check her blog link for more details), and just enjoying our own schedule together. It was the BEST day!
Today I woke up at my own pace at 8:00. Jeff's at work today so I'm home alone and it's quite nice. I went for a long (relative word) run, ate cake for breakfast (can't do that when the kids are home--they see EVERYTHING!), and in a few minutes I'm going to the pool with some friends. Just me, no kids. These last few days have stretched out to seem like a week and it's been wonderful. I am so thankful to have family nearby to take the kids for a few days. It's the best!
Speaking of family near by, congrats to my mom for landing a new job in Aledo. Aledo is sorta between Granbury and Ft. Worth so she'll be moving up here near all of us kids---we're thrilled! I'm off to the pool now. I'll have pics of a fun weekend at the lake with a few good friends up sometime after Sunday. Look for them. Until then...
7.02.2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
two posts in a row with no pics of the kiddos? i guess we'll have to come stay with them for a week to make up for lost time.
so glad you got to relax...can't wait to see yall again! I have beat Brad in bowling too, he does not like it at all!
I'm glad you had a good time. I can't believe, though, that you had more fun than I did with Jackson. I let him win at the ball games we played to ensure that he would keep playing with me next time! We both had a great time!
Post a Comment