7.24.2008

Heckuva Day

We got up at 0-dark-thirty to be over at Spangdahlem Air Force Base by 6:30 for a briefing so that Kristen could go for a little spin with Coleman in his jet. He's a super stud F-16 CJ fighter pilot--the best of the best. Turns out, Jeff and I each got to sit in the jet for a quick minute, too. Yep, we started our day by sitting in an F-16...can you top that? There are lots of pics of us in the thing, but here is one of the group after Kristen's joy ride.

Then we headed over to the base fire station where one of the guys was eager to give us a tour. Best part of that was the fact that their bunks are on the third floor. Know what that means? Heck yea, we slid down their pole!

After all of our firehouse fun, we headed over to the bowling alley for some lunch. Apparently the only place these poor folks can get a decent burger is at the base bowling alley. The burger was delicious but it led to a dangerous game of bowling. Kristen and I took on Jeff and whipped him soundly in the first game. We should have left it at that because check out the scores of the second game. Notice all the strikes on that top line while you're at it.

4 comments:

Jennings said...

wow you have been busy on your blog.. very impressive. Love all the pics. BTW yall still beat Jeff on the second bowling game if you add your scores together which is the only way to do it since yall were playing against him!!!

Anonymous said...

Wow, tell Coleman, I will come see him if I can get a ride in his F-16! You guys are having way to much fun, just remember you have to come home.

Dad

Anonymous said...

I'm loving the pictures!!! I wish I was in Germany instead of Texas! Have fun!

The Jesters said...

I love that you can blog while you're in Germany! It's so much easier than trying to remember afterwards. That's the cutest picture of you sliding down the pole, Trish! I love your haircut, too. :)