7.23.2008

Day 2

After a GREAT night's sleep, we had a very good day. We took a river cruise up the Rhein and stopped at the cute town of Bachrach, a formally walled city. We did some shopping, hiked up to a watch tower, checked out a vineyard, and had some **delicious** gelatto. I had a scoop of cinnamon and a scoop of chocolate....YUM. We are all a teeny bit sunburned but happy after a fun day.

This castle was built in the middle of the river. Apparently back in the day, they would run chains to each shore that would stop ships from passing until they paid a toll.

Jeff's standing in a vineyard of Riesling Grapes.

Random picture of how they educate the children on the way pesticide works. If you make the picture larger, you might get a laugh.

A beautiful half-timber building in the marketplace of Bachrach. Many of the buildings look similar to this one.

1 comment:

Tressa said...

Been there, done that! I loved the vineyards of the Rein. Its so beautiful there. I loved all the castles. Looks like you guys are having a great time!