Rothenberg is a charming and fun little city. It's the only one (I think) that is still completely walled in like all the cities were back in the day. We arrived in the late evening because of our fun day in BK (see below). After checking into the cutest hotel ever, we joined the Night Watchman's Tour of the city. This guy has been doing these tours for 13 years and he's hilarious. Pretty much he dresses up like the Watchmen of centuries ago and takes groups on tours of the city, telling funny and interesting things about it's history along the way. After the tour and a good dinner, we headed off to bed so we could be fully rested for a day of shopping. The guys spent their time touring around to various interesting sights in the city while Kristen and I hit the streets. By that I mean that we went shopping...A LOT. Rothenberg is a great city for purchasing all sorts of neat things and we took full advantage. We did so much damage that we ran out of room in the car. It was a tight squeeze to even get all of our luggage into the trunk anyways so all of our purchases overflowed into the cab. I rode in the middle of the back seat down to Garmisch, huddled up next to Jeff, while our packages took up the entire seat and floor section behind the driver. It was not the most comfortable ride, but it's well worth it.
The Night Watchman

A very photographed building in Germany
3 comments:
That night watchman looks formidable; quite the contrast to the quaint "much photographed" building!
I confess to the "anonymous comment above!
Hey! Do they still have the cute toy store there near the main square? I loved Rothenberg when I went a few years ago and my brother was just there last week (He is stationed in Germany).
Post a Comment