7.22.2008

Guten tag!

Hello from Germany. We've arrived safely and these so called friends of ours won't let us sleep. They keep talking about jet lag or something... They've done their best to keep us awake after picking us up from the airport at 7:30 this morning. That's midnight thirty in Texas. To prevent sleep (mostly successfully), they took us on our first castle tour at Burg Eltz. There are many castles over here but apparently most of them were at one time destroyed by various military forces. Burg Eltz was one of the few that remained untouched from the time it was started back in the 14th century. It was very impressive. I posted these pictures with great hesitation, but I know you'll all understand that we had been on an airplane for 10 hours and are extremely tired.



2 comments:

Tressa said...

AWESOME!! I have actually been to that SAME castle! How did you like the hike back to your car? hehehe

kathy Strickland said...

I am so glad that you got to go to Germany! It truly is a beautiful country!

Hope you will carried home with you many good loving memories!