7.30.2008

Another fun one...

Today is our last day here at Edelweiss and we spent it having a blast. We spent the morning doing a white water rafting trip...fun times. Our crazy guide made us jump out of the boat to practice getting back in it "just in case," he said. I think he just liked hearing the gasps of shock as we hit the icy waters. None of us fell in during a rapid so it really was just entertainment for Joe. Once we got back to the headquarters, Jeff and I whooped up on Coleman and Kristen in a game of sand volleyball. None of us rocked--it was pretty embrassing, but we had a good time anyways. After a quick lunch, we set out on a mission to find a luge course we had read about the day before. FYI, to ride the luge, you sit on a sled-type contraption and fly down the concrete track. There were twists and turns and it was awesome! We were all windblown and happy, Jeff most of all. He loved screaming down that course. We topped off our adventure-filled day with hot rock massages (thanks, Dad) and a yummy chocolate dessert that I have become addicted to during our stay here. Our visit here at Edelweiss has been incredible.

This is the castle where "Mad" King Ludwig grew up.

And the caslte you see in the background was one he built as king. It was crazy expensive, but sure was pretty. It was actually the castle that Walt Disney used as inspiration for Cinderella's castle.
Jeff flying down the luge and loving it

I liked it a bit, too.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you're creating lifetime memories. They are priceless.

Anonymous said...

I am so happy for you all. Your trip has sounded awesome. Tricia you are a great writer. I look forward to reading everyday. Keep on writing! I know you all are having a blast. We had dinner Tuesday night with Susie and John and of course, talked about you all! Great friendships for all. We love you, Nancy

Anonymous said...

A "Rock Massage" is this another name for a head massage? Glad your having a good time and looking forward to seeing you soon.

Dad

kathy Strickland said...

I agree with g-mom! You will have good memories to tell your children and grandchildren in the days ahead.

You and Jeff will have fun times remembering together the great times,