My friend, Amanda and I have tickets to the Broadway Series at the Bass Hall. This series includes STOMP, Annie, CATS, and High School Musical. STOMP was fun, Annie was our favorite, and we were looking forward to CATS last night. I mean, it's a big time Broadway show. It's won about a million awards since it started in 1981. I decided to make a list of my top ten things I loved about CATS.
1. The dancing was neat.
2. Some of the music was enjoyable.
3. The costumes included super cool leg warmers.
4. Rum Tug Tugger had a killer strut.
5. It lends itself to being made fun of.
6. I had plenty of opportunity to make Amanda laugh.
7. Amanda snorts when she laughs.
8. Got some creative cat names (not that I'll ever need them).
9.
10.
I can't do it. I can't think of another thing that I loved about the show. It was B.O.R.I.N.G! Seriously, how do people enjoy watching dancers dressed as cats and rubbing all over each other like a bunch of cats? Yawn. Amanda and I weren't the only ones nodding off or letting our minds wander to funnier things...about 1/3 of the seats were empty after intermission. The good thing about this is that if I ever go to New York and want to see a show on Broadway, I won't waste my money on this one. No way, no how. Not me. The other good thing was that I still got to spend the evening with my dearest friend and our bellies were satisfyingly full. We always eat before our shows and it's always either PF Chang's or Cantina Laredo. At PF Chang's, our order is water, lettuce wraps, lo mein, and chocolate cake. At Cantina, we order water, table side guacamole, and two cups of tortilla soup. Every time. Yum. So the best part of last night was the company and the food. Those crazy Jellicle Cats can go back to their Jellicle Ball and fly away on space ships. I'd rather clean out their litter box than watch them perform again. What is a Jellicle cat anyways?
2.09.2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Oh you DO make me laugh. I thought you were gonna figure out what a jellicle cat was today. Stupid jellicles. Why'd you have to tell everyone my snorty secret?
Keegan said he slept through it once as well - and I thought it was just him, guess now I will have to not tease him and I will know to really not see this one :)
Haha! I have to agree with you - CATS is pretty overrated in my mind. My favorite musicals (that I've seen so far) are Les Miserables, Phantom of the Opera, and A Christmas Carol. If you ever do go to Broadway, maybe you can see one of those. The movies aren't bad, either, if you want to watch something at home. :)
Post a Comment