
I am vigilant about keeping my family protected from the sun and here it is February and my child is severely sunburned. I cannot believe I allowed this to happen! Despite the red face, Addi is the happiest girl on the planet and had more fun yesterday with her daddy than should be allowed. Yesterday, Jeff and Addi went on a 4 1/2 hour canoe trip on the Brazos River and had a picnic lunch at their turn around point. They had a great adventure and loved every minute of it. Addi reported back that they saw deer in the brush (true) and camels on a hill (not so true).


A bit of wildlife

When they got back, Jackson got to go on a toddler-sized trip with Jeff. He likes it too, but isn't quite ready for a half-day trip yet.

I have to admit that I was a little upset when I met Jeff to trade kids (Jackson to go canoeing and Addi being picked up) and found my daughter soaking wet. Apparently she dropped something over the side of the canoe and felt like she needed to hop in to get it. She told Jeff that she needed to get into the water right away and before he could respond, she jumped over the side. Crazy kid! She did have on her life jacket but the water was cold enough to imprint on her brain the lecture that Jeff gave her after pulling her back in. She told me that she will NEVER jump out of the canoe without daddy's permission EVER! Luckily it was right at the end of the trip and I had dry clothes for her. No harm done, just a lesson well learned.
We have actually had some other fun lately but those posts will have to wait. Just know that you'll soon see pics of the cutest little cowboy and cowgirl around...
3 comments:
What a darling face, sunburn and all she looks so grown up and happy.
What a CUTIE! Canoeing is so much fun! You know, we were sunburnt a few days ago from working out in the garden- crazy Texas weather!
The sunburn stinks, but everything else looks like it was so fun! I'm so glad they each get quality time with their dad. It makes me sad the number of kids who miss out on dad-time!
Post a Comment