2.02.2009
Man of the Year
I thought about "Husband of the Year" or "Daddy of the Year" but those just don't quite cover it...so man of the year it is. The kids have been sick. Sick, sick, sick, sick. S.i.c.k. Addi's doing much better now and I think Jack will be on the mend soon. It's been a long week in the house. Sure, we've gotten out here and there, but it hasn't been life as normal. Ya know? I took Jackson to the doctor this morning finally. He's got a double ear infection and a mean cold to go with them. While I was driving to the dr, I called my friend to see if Addi could come over and play. Poor gal, she's been cooped up in the house for days longer than her sickness called for. I called Jeff to let him know he could take Addi over there to play and I'd pick her up later after I got home. When I came home, though, Addi was still home with Jeff. I asked why he hadn't taken her over to the Jennings and he said he thought I'd like to take her and stay for a while. Isn't that just the sweetest thing? We girls high-tailed it out the door with no hesitation for a little play date with our friends while still sick Jackson stayed home with his Daddy. It was nice. It was refreshing. But that's not all. When we came home for lunch and naps, I smelled Mr. Clean (the household cleaner, not Jeff) and reminded Jeff that I would want to dust before he did the floors. He had already done that. Vacuum? Done. Bathrooms? Done, too. Jeff had cleaned the entire house while I was out playing with my friend! Seriously, did I mention that he's the greatest? Love that guy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Tricia:
Jeff is definitely a keeper! You are probably the envy all women young and old!
be sure to give him BIG hugs because not every man who show how much he loves his wife by cleaning the home.
Girl, you are BLESSED!!
What a guy! Good job, Jeff! :)
Post a Comment