6.07.2009

Addi-ism

When Jeff and I were in Germany, we bought an iron door stop for our bedroom door. It's the shape of a duck swimming among reeds and we really like it. I especially like that the door no longer slams shut in the middle of the night while I'm here by myself---that tends to scare me senseless. This morning, I asked Addi to close the door to our bedroom so that Kate (the dog) would not go wandering through the house, eating diapers and waking up Jackson. 

As she moved the door stop, she said "Mom, you have a cracking duck." 

I asked her what she said because I thought she was mispronouncing "quacking" but she clarified "It's a cracking duck because it cracks the door open."

Pretty clever play on words, huh?


2 comments:

Papa Walt said...

Pretty cute and very smart, must be those good genetics.

kathy Strickland said...

Addi will never be dull! She seems to have mastered the art of wit at her sweet young age.

Thanks for sharing her with us