6.27.2009

Another Milestone

I know the potty posts are getting old but I want to document so I can look back. I was wishing that I had written more about the day-to-day process with Addi because I don't remember how it all went down with her. I know it was easy and she rarely had accidents, but I don't remember how she was with it all. So, if you're totally tired of all the potty updates, skip. They're mostly for my benefit anyways...

Jackson went all day with no accidents! He wet a bit at nap time but it woke him up and I'm pleased with that. We had special company today and he didn't even let that distract him from keeping dry pants. That's not the milestone though. Just now, as I was killing time until it was time to wake him up for a potty trip, I heard him call out for me. When I went in to him, I asked him if him if he needed to potty and he said "yes." He woke himself up to call for me like we've been working on! He's still in his crib b/c I'm not ready for him to have the run of the house yet so I've been teaching him to call for me when he needs to go. He does it a lot BEFORE going to sleep (mostly as a way to avoid bed time) but this is the first time for him to wake up and do it. I love it. Sigh.

Off to bed now that the potty business has been taken care of.

3 comments:

Tressa said...

That is a BIG milestone! Lots of hard work-paid off! Now, you just need to come to the Stricklands and help me get these boys in line! haha

We havent even started anything with Taylor.. he is SO not ready. And DJ still has a hard time at night, I think its time to work a little harder on that!

Thanks for the inspiration!

Heather said...

Way to go, Jackson (and mommy too)! I love reading these posts on his potty progress! It won't be long before our family is starting the process with our little guy! You are an awesome mom ~ I'll have to check your blog for pointers in about six months! :-)

Love,
Heather G.

Papa Walt said...

Love the potty post, very nice way of keeping up with your family. Keep em coming! Your amazing and doing a great job with the kids.