12.19.2009

The Bachelor Pad

He's not a bachelor but he's been living like one for the last couple of days.

I went to visit my dear friend, Amanda, in Dallas on Thursday and Friday.  While I was gone, Jeff took the kids to his parents' and came back home to an empty house.  

Jeff is very rarely home alone so he took full advantage of this opportunity.
 
The menu:


Once he'd fulfilled his manly cravings for college cuisine, he played the night away on his new PS3. The game of choice?

I came home today to a very, very happy man. And a perfectly clean house, too. He not only cleaned up all of his messes, he also cleaned the entire house and did laundry. I've got quite a man!

Gotta say though, Jeff wasn't the only one living it up the last couple of days. Amanda and I spent our time very wisely. On Thursday, we shopped, had Starbucks (I love me a good mocha-frap, no matter what the weather), and picked up Bowtie Festival from Carinos to eat at home while watching a movie. Friday was even better. It was pretty much a perfect day. I got to sleep until 8:45!!, get ready slowly, and read a book before heading out to a perfect lunch of grilled, stuffed avocados from Chiloso. Then, we went to get manicures and pedicures...and my manicure lady rubbed my back and shoulders for a good 10 minutes just because. It was amazing! Then, feeling very relaxed and happy, Amanda and I went to a darling little tea shop for a cup of hot tea. It really was a perfect day.

We're glad to all be home together again though. With both parents feeling rested and relaxed, the kids are happy as well. Jeff and I are so thankful to have had some down time to spend as we wished before this baby comes. I imagine getting away will be much harder with three kids than it was with two and the break from parenting was very nice.

2 comments:

Tressa said...

SO good to hear you guys got as break! Its very important to get that time away. Im counting down till Monday when we drop off our four kiddos for 24 hours! YESS!

Susie said...

We were as happy as you all getting to spend time with kids. Just let us know and the door is always open for our family....
Keep us posted on new baby news.
Susie