12.16.2009

Jeff's NOT Nesting

You want to know how I know that the Daddy doesn't nest?  Because instead of keeping the house clean for my sanity, Jeff let Best Buy throw up in our living room. I've been franticly cleaning and organizing around here, but then Jeff went and did this:

Electronics all over the floor and on every empty space available.


Lets get a closer look behind the couch. See all the boxes and packaging?

Ahhhh, but look how happy my man is...

I'll never understand.

The mess was pretty bad.  My sanity couldn't handle it.  After a couple of hours "helping" Jeff set things up while trying to get the kids to play in complete silence (helps me to concentrate on the task at hand), I retreated to my neighbor's house for a cup of hot tea.  Tea is what pregnant people drink to relax when they really, really just need a glass of wine or something.  

Somebody explain to me, what was wrong with this simple little TV?

The kids and I were happy with watching the occasional video on this ol' thing. 

But now. NOW our living room looks like a bachelor pad. There is a sub woofer thingy mahoo in plain sight on the floor next to the pretty TV cabinet. It's a big. black. box. Right on the floor where I'll see it any time I walk through.

But look again at how happy Jeff is.  Just look.

But don't touch because we're still trying to figure out how everything works.

Jeff bought himself a little present today. He bought this enormous TV, surround sound (hence the black box thing), and a PS3 so he can play some violent war video game.

Like I said, I'll never understand. But I guess I don't need to understand. I'm getting to play with baby things.  Jeff's playing with his new man toys.  The world continues to go round and round.


5 comments:

Papa Walt said...

This is great, but knowing Jeff I am sure he cleaned up after himself, when he finished assylbling all the toys. The assymbly thing is always more fun than the buying and watching. Looks like he go a new cabinet also.

Papa Walt said...

Yes I know, forgot to do spell check and it should be assembling not assymbling. Please correct it for me Do Da.

Mandy said...

I totally understand the wonderment of WHY we need a sub woofer on the floor in plain sight! We have one in the living room AND the office!But no big TV yet at least...well actually I would enjoy one of those more than I enjoy the surround sound but it will be a little while before one of those comes our way I think. Did you paint the entertainment center to or just get a different one? Happy nesting :) Still think s/he is coming pre Christmas? M just advanced to 6-9 month clothes so I will have your 3-6 ready for you at Christmas :)

the sealey family said...

we, too now have one of those huge tvs in our living room... ours is even BIGGER if you can imagine! and it sits in plain site all of the time (along with the sub woffer)!

The Jesters said...

It goes with the leather sofas & antlers mounted on the wall. Perfect bachelor pad.