My personal space got invaded today. Grossly and inappropriately invaded.
After BSF, the kids and I headed over to Arlington to have lunch with Jeff. We went to Fuzzy's Tacos---YUMMY! I had noticed a woman staring at us as we sat down with our food but payed her no mind. The kids were sucking on lemons so I figured that was what she was watching. Turns out, she was probably analyzing my baby belly and figuring out how to get access to it.
After a few minutes, I got up to refill our drink cups and had to walk by her table on my way back. It was the natural route. It was a mistake because as I walked by, she reached out and grabbed my belly to stop me.
It wasn't just a touch or a pat, it was a full fledged grab.
And she didn't let go!
She held me prisoner there in the middle of the restaurant while she rubbed every inch of my baby bump. She asked about the kids and declared this one a boy. She emphasized that she meant the one in my belly by cupping it with both hands and staring at it. It was strange and weird and I was shocked into silence.
I made my escape as quickly as I could. Several onlookers had sympathetic looks on their faces. Others were just as surprised as I was.
I didn't leave our table again until it was time to go and when we did leave, we went the long way around to the door.
A group of firefighters that Jeff knows just happened to see the whole thing. When one of them asked if I knew her and I told him no, he could hardly contain himself and was so excited to tell the others. Apparently, they thought we were friends and still found it weird for her to rub on me like that. To find out it was a stranger was just too much.
I agree. It was way too much.
12.02.2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
ohhhhhh way to much closeness!
You should have knocked her smooth out.
Wow, it is kinda funny! That was one of my biggest fears but it never happened like that! Well I guess that's what you get for having such a cute baby belly!!
Nooooooo!! What is wrong with people? You'd be arrested if you grabbed someone else's baby and probably slapped if you went and grabbed a handful of a stranger's stomach, so what makes people think it's okay to grab a pregnant woman's belly? I don't get it.
gotta love those super friendly, very interested bystanders :)Hehe!
Post a Comment