3.13.2009
Day 2
We're thankful that we've made it through day 2. We've had better days. Probably haven't had worse ones. Ever. We had to force fluids and meds into Jackson pretty much all day until dinner. It is super-dee-duper important that we keep Jackson very, very hydrated so that his throat stays moist for proper healing. Funny story. When I worked at Pine Cove, there was a girl that couldn't stand to hear the word "moist." She would freak out and almost break out into hives. Pretty funny. I can't use the word without thinking of her. Anyways, we have to keep Jackson hydrated. It's been a battle--for most of the day, Jeff had to hold him down while I squirted liquids (good tasting ones) into his mouth with a syringe. We have to do that every four hours for his pain meds, too. You should hear the screams. It's pretty awful but it's gotta be done. But we were able to bribe him to take drinks of milk, water, and juice tonight during dinner by offering pieces of chocolate between drinks. I'm praying that it'll work again tomorrow. Sweet little guy. He's so tired of us wrestling him down for meds and drinks that he crashed around 6:30, drooling his stinky drool all over my shirt while I held him. We're off to bed now...praying for lots of drinking tomorrow!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Put a glass of Bush's iced sweet tea out and tell him its Papa's, that will guarantee him wanting to drink it, especially if Addi gets some first.
You two are such wonderful parents. I know it's your "job," but you do it in such a sweet way.
I forgot you worked at Pine Cove. I'll be heading there next weekend for a church women's retreat. I'll be thinking of you.
Post a Comment