3.26.2009

In case you were wondering...

I got my lure back.  

Now that I have it, I can't decide if I should use it again. It IS the world's most expensive lure so I'd hate to lose it again. But It'd also hate NOT to use it, seeing as how we paid so much to retrieve it. Also, marinating in Kate's stomach for so long might make it even better. Place your vote to the right of this post, just above our Baylor picture.

Kate, on the other hand, smells wonderful. Apparently she got a bath at the vet. I should think they'd throw in a bath with the amount I was forced to write on a check this afternoon. Heck, she should be getting a full day's spa treatment, plus laser hair removal for that unsightly facial hair. Okay, now I'm just getting plain greedy. They did give her a nice shave and some (free?) dog food.

Let me just say one last thing. The discharge instructions I received from the nurse today sounded eerily similar to what I heard 2 Thursdays ago when taking Jackson home from the hospital. Seriously, same instructions for our dog that I got for my child! Absurd. Plus, she got more drugs than he did. Unbelievable!  Oh yeah, and they said we might consider training her to not eat stuff because they also pulled out some pecan shells and a piece of foil.  Yeah, we'll just get the trees to drop their pecans outside the fence so Kate doesn't snack on them and I'll stop giving her Jackson's diapers and our other trash as a midnight snack.  Easy enough.

3 comments:

Dr. G said...

is that a wire german short hair? I have a German short hair...you wouldn't believe the stuff he has eaten!!

Lauren & Matt said...

what a cute dog! they sure do get expensive!

Mandy said...

Oh my! Oh my! Keegan says as far as if you should use it again "It doesn't matter if you use it agian just don't put it where Kate can eat it." Yes so practical and helpful my husband is :) and it is not like she can't get her mits on whatever she wants if she is like Koya :)