3.16.2009

Day 5

Jackson is doing so much better nowadays. He started eating a bit of regular food on Sunday and continued eating lightly today. He's staying plenty hydrated---we're still offering a bite of chocolate for each drink that he takes about half the time, but it's working so whatever. We're even spreading out his doses of pain meds to about every 7 hours instead of every 4 like we've been doing. I'm so grateful for his fairly quick and easy recovery so far. He's been covered in prayer and God has been faithful to answer. We have one rough patch ahead whenever his scabs fall off (gross!) somewhere between today and day 7ish. That's suppose to bring the pain back for a little bit, but then we'll be on the road to complete recovery!

This picture is from Sunday during breakfast. We have bird seed outside the window and he was enjoying all the birds coming to feast.

Here he is today during lunch. I think he looks much better--a lot less purple around his eyes for sure!

5 comments:

Papa Walt said...

What hair, must have gotten that from JL!
Good thing he is such a happy boy and always smiling you would never know he had been sick.

The Jesters said...

Poor guy! I'm so glad he's getting better quickly.

Tressa said...

Been praying! Glad to know he is doing great today!!

Lauren & Matt said...

Hey Tricia! I don't know if you remember me, but I met you at the bday party for Robert a while back. I ran across your blog listing on the Harvey's blog.. they are in our Sunday School class at FBC Colleyville.. Anyways Matt knows Jeff from work and I knew Jeff from Baylor. When I saw your blog, I had to say hi! You have such a cute family!

Lauren Throne

kathy Strickland said...

Blessings upon you and your family! I know it is hard on all of you when one goes through something.

We will continue to keep you in our prayers and know that little Jackson will be back to his fun sweet self soon

May peace and healing rest upon you all