Please note: This is the third post that I've done this morning. You'll do better to go down and start with "Face Time with Shelly" and read up from there. The cutest pictures are down there anyways : )
This is actually an update on Jackson but it's more about our very own, in-house Superman. Jackson has been getting dehydrated these last two days. He's rebelling against all the forced drinking and pretty much refuses anything offered. He's no longer even trading drinks for chocolate. After about our millionth call to the doctor, they said that if he continues having decreased urination and any fever into today, Friday, that we'd have to take him in to the hospital. We said at the beginning that we'd do whatever it takes to stay out of the hospital and tonight that called for Jeff to break out the big guns. Or the tiny needles.
Let me just stop here and say how extremely grateful I am that my husband studies hard and practices his skills so that he is always confident in caring for victims at work.
Last night, he moved into fireman/paramedic mode and started an IV on Jackson. Yep, right here in the living room. He did it easily and Jackson was such a trooper. I was so worried that it would traumatize Jackson to have his daddy do that to him, but my nurse friend pointed out that a trip to the ER would probably be much harder on him. Wise lady because Jackson spent 4 hours hooked up to an IV while sitting on my lap in my favorite chair in our living room. All the while, Jeff cleaned up the kitchen and adjusted the drip as needed. Even though he had to get up at 5:15 for work this morning and he's had a very long week, he stayed up until after 1:00 to make sure Jackson got the fluids he needed. He really does take great care of his family. I'm going to buy him a cape.
Jackson did finally wet his diaper last night and I'm hoping that the IV fluids will have him feeling so much better today that it'll be easier to get him drinking.
3.20.2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


8 comments:
Oh my goodness! Your man has skills!
Precious pictures! Hope he gets to feeling better.
Have you been out in the sun? You look good woman.
It was dark in there so I guess it's just the low light deceiving you, Amanda. : ) I do go to the park almost every day but only with sunscreen!
Way to go Jeff, you da man!
I really like the pic of Jackson sleeping on Tricia while she is sleeping, please send me one of those along with the new pics of the kids. They are such lucky children to have you guys for parents.
Praying for Jackson... I hope that by now he is feeling much better!
We are still praying and believing that your Little Man will get well soon.
What a blessing to have a husband who can minister not only to his son's spiritual needs but to his physical needs when needed. I imagine Jeff was far more tender and loving than as fast paced ER and that brought peace to Jackson.
We are lifting you all before the Throne!
Awww...how sweet and what a blessing. Jeff really is a Superhero!!
Praying for that precious boy- and for his parents..:)
Post a Comment